Ignatius Bible (RSV2CE), 2nd Edition (Leather)
A newly designed and typeset edition of the popular Ignatius Revised Standard Version-Catholic Edition Bible. This contemporary English translation revises archaic language of the first edition, but avoids dumbing-down the text. It retains the beauty of the RSV language that makes the Ignatius Bible such a joy to read. Now the only contemporary Catholic Bible translation in standard English is even more beautiful in word and design!
- Completely re-designed and newly typeset with 9 point font size. Wider margins and improved line spacing for comfortable reading.
- The RSV, second Catholic edition is the only Bible translation that uses standard (non-feminist) English and is in conformity with the Church's translation guidelines found in the Vatican document, Liturgiam Authenticam
- Nine reference maps in color:
1. The Nations of Genesis Chapter 10
2. The Exodus from Egypt
3. The Conquest of Canaan
4. The Kingdom Years
5. Jerusalem - From David to Christ
6. Palestine in Christ's Time
7. Paul's First and Second Journeys
8. Paul's Third and Fourth Journeys
9. The Holy Land in Modern Times.
- Approximate dimensions: 6" x 9".
- Gold-edged pages on the leatherbound edition only.
“ In all the years I have been involved in ministry, academic study, teaching and proclaiming the Catholic Christian faith I am often asked “Deacon, what translation of the Holy Bible do you use and recommend to others? Without any pause or need to reflect I answer “The RSVCE”. (Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition) It is, without any doubt, the most accurate translation from the original languages. Period. Everyone of my professors have agreed. Ignatius Press offers a beautiful version of this wonderfully accurate translation of the Holy Bible. I have used it for years and recommended it to many people. I highly recommend it to all those who are reading this advertisement. Buy it for yourself. Buy it for others. Read it, pray through it and cherish the wonderful written word which points us to Jesus, the Living Word”
Deacon Keith Fournier
Dean, Catholic Online School