Ignatius Bible (RSV), 2nd Edition (Hardcover)
A completely new typeset and designed edition of the popular Ignatius Revised Standard Version Bible, with minor revisions to some of the archaic language used in the first edition. This revised version is a contemporary English translation without dumbing-down the text. This second edition of the RSV doesn't put the biblical text through a filter to make it acceptable to current tastes and prejudices, and it retains the beauty of the RSV language that has made it such a joy to read and reflect on the Word of God. Now the only Catholic Bible in standard English is even more beautiful in word and design!
- Completely re-designed and newly typeset with 9 point font size. Wider margins and improved line-spacing for comfortable reading.
- The RSV, second Catholic edition is the only Bible translation that uses standard (non-feminist) English and is in conformity with the Church's translation guidelines found in the Vatican document, Liturgiam Authenticam
- Nine reference maps in color:
- 1. The Nations of Genesis Chapter 10
- 2. The Exodus from Egypt
- 3. The Conquest of Canaan
- 4. The Kingdom Years
- 5. Jerusalem - From David to Christ
- 6. Palestine in Christ's Time
- 7. Paul's First and Second Journeys
- 8. Paul's Third and Fourth Journeys
- 9. The Holy Land in Modern Times.