Ignatius Bible (RSV2CE), 2nd Edition (Paperback)
A completely new design and typeset edition of the popular Ignatius Revised Standard Version-Catholic Edition Bible, with minor revisions to some of the archaic language used in the first edition. This revised version is a contemporary English translation without dumbing-down the text. This second edition of the RSV doesn't put the biblical text through a filter to make it acceptable to current tastes and prejudices, and it retains the beauty of the RSV language that has made it such a joy to read and reflect on the Word of God. Now the only Catholic Bible in standard English is even more beautiful in word and design!
- Completely re-designed and newly typeset with 9 point font size. Wider margins and improved line-spacing for comfortable reading.
- The RSV2CE, second Catholic edition is the only Bible translation that uses standard (non-feminist) English and is in conformity with the Church's translation guidelines found in the Vatican document, Liturgiam Authenticam
- Nine reference maps in color:
- 1. The Nations of Genesis Chapter 10
- 2. The Exodus from Egypt
- 3. The Conquest of Canaan
- 4. The Kingdom Years
- 5. Jerusalem - From David to Christ
- 6. Palestine in Christ's Time
- 7. Paul's First and Second Journeys
- 8. Paul's Third and Fourth Journeys
- 9. The Holy Land in Modern Times
- Approximate dimensions: 6" x 9"
“ In all the years I have been involved in ministry, academic study, teaching and proclaiming the Catholic Christian faith I am often asked “Deacon, what translation of the Holy Bible do you use and recommend to others? Without any pause or need to reflect I answer “The RSVCE”. (Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition) It is, without any doubt, the most accurate translation from the original languages. Period. Everyone of my professors have agreed. Ignatius Press offers a beautiful version of this wonderfully accurate translation of the Holy Bible. I have used it for years and recommended it to many people. I highly recommend it to all those who are reading this advertisement. Buy it for yourself. Buy it for others. Read it, pray through it and cherish the wonderful written word which points us to Jesus, the Living Word”
Deacon Keith Fournier
Dean, Catholic Online School